Jesus said to them, I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst".
Distributing the Body and Blood of Christ to the faithful at Mass is a tremendous honor, responsibility and GIFT.
• Extends the Body & Blood of Christ to the faithful using the words and procedures as mandated by the Archdiocese of Chicago
• Good hygiene should be ensured through the use of the hand sanitizer before distributing
• Consume any of the remaining precious Blood of Christ after communion
• Appropriate dress is required
• Arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of Mass
• Volunteer position requiring participation in 1-2 masses/month
Model your faith, love and commitment to Christ by regularly distributing and receiving the Eucharist
Though some may feel they are unworthy for this liturgical ministry, but Eucharistic/Extraordinary ministers are called to this ministry and are an essential part of the Body of Christ doing the "work" of liturgy together.
This too can be a true FAMILY Liturgical Ministry!